..

..

Thursday, January 16, 2014

My Mother's House

I am truly happy here.  My mind still wanders about owning my own piece of the world.  It won't leave me alone.  I say to myself: "Lord, I do not want it if it's not you."  Maybe it will happen someday but I want to be where He wants me.  I wouldn't want to ever leave here if He is not the one telling me it's time.

I think of my Mother's house a lot.  We lived there on Mulberry Street happy children.  Seems magical to me now.  It's a bit like looking back through the movie "A Christmas Story".  Similar house but smaller.  Front porch, side porch, neighbors. City blocks to walk to the store and school.  Standing at the front door with our Mom showing us how the puffy snowflakes look with the street light shining through the dark.  What a beautiful silent moment.

Here's the thing..It was always our home and we never doubted it.  She rented there for 30 years!!  Determination and hope and faith!!



My sister Cathy made these wood paintings of the house several years ago.  When I look at it I still see the real thing.  All the memories of my Mother's house.

No comments:

Post a Comment